Friday, September 14, 2012

Autumn



I love autumn so much, I think I started to really love it when I moved to this country, and then from the east coast to the Midwest, when autumn is really elaborated by nature and by homemakers.
I started thinking this week, why do I love it so much? What is it in this beautiful season that speaks to me more than any other, even our beloved spring?  
It’s the colors, obviously. Those bright reds, oranges and yellows, touched by browns and dark green still. It’s the scents, the natural and the invited one, like cinnamon and clove. It’s the coziness. The romance. The hominess. Or at least the potential for those.
It allows you to feel introverted, even little melancholic without suspecting that it is an actual problem.
It feels like things, people, feelings – all of which were spread all over during the summer – are all coming together again, under one roof.

Autumn (Haiku)

I love the beginning of cold
when it's not too much;
it enables the hermit in me to be without judgment

No comments:

Post a Comment